Freshman Studies Ambassador Program
2022-2023 application deadline is April 20
The Freshman Studies Ambassador Program is a leadership opportunity for students who are dedicated to serving and representing the Freshman Studies program at the University of Mississippi. Student ambassadors assist at both campus events and through social media to recruit new students to UM and support students currently on campus.
Mission Statement: The Freshman Studies Ambassadors are a dynamic team of student leaders committed to promoting the Freshman Studies program, as well as the University of Mississippi, to prospective students and their families, current students, alumni, and the surrounding communities. Ambassadors create a positive first and lasting impression, thus supporting and enhancing the reputation of the program and university.
What does that mean you’ll do on a given day? Our ambassadors will:
- Serve as student liaison/panelist for Freshman Studies during summer Freshman Orientation sessions
- Allow your stories to be used for promotional purposes for Freshman Studies (website, social media, photographs, videos, etc.)
- Participate in postcard signing campaigns to promote Freshman Studies
- Serve as a peer advisor on non-academic topics for the program and UM
But it’s not all about what you’ll do. You’ll also get a lot from joining our ambassador team:
- Add examples of leadership and community involvement to your resume
- Have opportunities to improve your public speaking experience and build your networking opportunities
- Possibly count work toward community service hours for other organizations
- Get exclusive one-on-one time with Dean Ammeter and advising staff
- Help new students succeed by sharing your experience
Interested in joining us? We’re looking for students who meet the following criteria:
- Have at least a 2.5 overall GPA and 2.5 in the most current graded semester
- Be a former/current Freshman Studies student
- Complete application process
- Attend provided training
To apply, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your interest in the program and why you would be a good candidate. Upon receipt of your email, a program representative will be in touch with information on three additional parts of the program application: 1 academic or professional reference, a brief Google form, and an introduction video.